*If you haven't read the post below you probably want to read about that before reading this*
So I recieved a call this morning from the investigator...dun, dun, dun.... And he asked if we could come down to the police department to retrieve our DVD player and he wasn't sure about the ipod. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure the stuff was gone for good. So the whole family headed down there, and we got BOTH items back. YAY!!! The DVD player and ipod. There were a lot of other items there as well (computer, projector, guns, knives, phones) and he said a lot of it has been claimed already. It was one of the black boys who we had suspected who had been walking through our yard. He is in jail for the gun possession right now but will be charged with grand larceny for many things along with much more. He was holding onto the things for personal use but then was planning on selling them, I guess he also has a marijuana problem, go figure. He deleted all our songs and play lists off the ipod, but he didn't fill it with his music either....so I figure we are just lucky it hadn't been sold yet. Ever since I knew someone was breaking into my car I had felt so violated almost, I was scared the last 2 nights, thinking who is in my yard, car, looking through my windows maybe. I have set my home alarm, and just was scared for some reason. I am so glad this kid is going to pay for the things he has done, I really hope that he learns from this. I'm sure his family life is sucky and insecure which makes you feel bad for kids in that situation. But there is no good reason for crime, and I hope he can learn from this and become better. He is only 16, I hope he can chose to turn his life around. Anyways, so there is our big break in the case, with a happy ending...I just had to call Mark (my father in-law) up and tell him that cops really do know how to do their job....(sometimes). j/k....just a joke good buddy...10/4 checkin out, checkin out.
2 comments:
How scary Andrea! I'm glad you have your stuff back now. I love your kiddos. They are dang cute. I miss em. Get here in October and my life would be complete. Miss you!
Hey Girl!!That is scary! Im glad that you got those things back..I think we would die without our dvd in the car! I cant beleive how big your kids are, they are sooo cute! I cant beleive you guys only have 1 year left!! How cool is that! Wes is done in Aug and we are officially counting down!! YAY! I would love to do your hair, maybe you and lex need to make a trip to C town in oct..will you be in Kanab in oct?? I would love to see you!
Post a Comment