Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1 more year....we can do it!

Well, as of YESTERDAY....Daniel is now a P3 student. Pretty dang exciting. He has one month of case studies and 1 more test in may and then in June he starts rotations. Awwww, I am so excited to not have to worry about study hours and extremely excited for Daniel to be able to come to bed EVERY night! Only one more year till he graduates and we will be able to start a more normal life, with INCOME. Daniel has worked very very hard in school and I am so proud of him and the hard work he puts into it. People always wonder how he finds time for his family and studies being that he is in an accelerated program, both take up a lot of his time and they don't get many breaks. But he does it and he has to say no to a lot of things that he would love to do but doesn't to be able to spend time with us. It has been a long haul and will be nice when he is done.
My mom came out for a few days this last week. We always love having her here :) Its so hard to not be able to get in the car and go visit family. So we definitely soak up the visitors when they arrive. We had some fun days, we had a crazy dinner at outback for my moms birthday, played some tennis, did a little shopping, and we were so sad to take her back to the airport. So who's next???????
And something not so exciting to talk about....My ipod and portable dvd player was stolen out of my car last week....We have lived here for 2 years, and stupid us have never locked our car doors. We haven't had any problems and we have just been used to having a garage. The ipod was taken first but I wasn't sure if it had been stolen or misplaced (because they didn't take the ipod dock), and if it had been stolen was it at home, walmart or church??? So I tried to remember to lock the doors. But Sunday night we had forgot to lock the doors again and I had the dvd player in there from driving to pick up my mom. Well we go to leave Monday to take my mom back and its gone! I was so PISSED, I felt so violated in a way. I was mad that we hadn't been more serious about locking the doors and someone would feel the need to get in my car and take stuff 2 different times! Needless to say I am 90% sure it is these 2 black boys who have been walking on our fence in our yard for the last 2 weeks. I wanted to yell and tell them to stop doing it the first time I saw them (p.s. you don't see too many black people in town) but thought 'no, I used to walk fences when I was little, what are they going to hurt they are just passing through, loosen your panties' WRONG! Anyways, to make a long process short, I called the police. They sent someone over to the house and Daniel filed a report and told him about the boys. Then the cop told Daniel more....there have been other thefts (including a gun) and these boys are the suspects. So the cop said they are going to start an investigation and the investigator will probably be by. So we are just waiting and hoping they catch the dude. I'm sure our 2 things have been sold already and I don't expect them to be back. But it makes me so MAD. I have some races coming up that I wanted my ipod for and Emilie is insane in the car with out something to do. Easton is fine and sweet in the car but Emilie is nuts. So I am sad about that loss, and its not like we can just go replace these things! So that is the story, I'll let you know about any big breaks in the case :)
Here are a couple of random pictures, we were shopping and Emilie was touching this frog and we were like stop touching it and she goes but I want to kiss the frog...so we let her. She just watched princess and the frog last week :)
We have had some major nice days. We set the pool up a little early and the water has been on the cool side. But on those hot days it has been nice to throw Emilie in the water and watch her freak out. haha j/k she is just relaxing on the floaty.

And Easton soaking up the sun!

Emilie came out dressed like this one morning. She said she was going on a hike.As for this week. Daniel has it off and we have a lot of things in store....Shopping, Camping and Games here we come :)

1 comments:

Petersen's said...

So jealous you guys only have one more year!