Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010!

Our LAST Easter in Virginia was a good one. As Emilie gets older it just gets better. I love being a parent on holidays. I love to see how excited kids get. Easter morning she went and looked and the grass and saw some eggs and was just POUNDING on the window over and over saying 'he came, he came, the Easter bunny came' We were dying laughing and trying to talk her into eating breakfast before we went to look for her basket and eggs.
Our Easter weekend was a blast. My brother Erik came out Friday to visit for a day, which we always love. Then the next morning we went to the primary activity at the church. Before that I had the quickest Dr. Appointment in history. Easton woke up so cranky, I used my handy dandy otoscope... (this) and I saw 2 ear infections. I called the Dr. and brought him in and within 10 min we were seen and had 2 prescriptions. It was the BEST! We usually are waiting at the Dr. for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. So we were so happy not have to wait and miss the primary activity. I also gave in and bought a Battery Operated Nasal Aspirator...(this)

Yes! It sucks SNOT out of my kids nose! My 3rd love with babies. (1st-Wipe Warmers, 2nd-Otoscope, 3rd-Nasal Aspirator) I should have bought this earlier. Its 20 bucks and I didn't know if I would want it or how it would work. But I am sooooo sick of Easton and his runny noses which leads to Ear Infections, I finally gave in and bought one. And boy does it SUCK SNOT! So if you want to take any advise from me or if you are looking for a baby shower gift. I suggest these items. Anyways, back to Easter....Here are some pictures of the Primary Activity. Then later that day we had a BBQ with our friends did some hair cuts and Emilie and I colored eggs. She loved it! Here is a Video of the progress

Here is the end result, Emilie and I had a great time :)

Then we put the kids to bed and Daniel went to the Priesthood Session of Conference and I stuffed eggs and put their baskets together. Here is Eastons Basket. Emilie's Basket (Thanks to Grandma Bartlett, the kids had way cute matching Easter Outfits) And then it was Easter Morning.... Here they are after their baskets were found. Emilie found Eastons first and then hers. She loved it.

Easton downing chocolate Emilie with her chocolate bunny Grandma Gilbergs Easter package to the kids!

5 comments:

GillyBlog said...

So cute...Happy Easter!!

innisfam said...

cute cute. Their outfits from your mom I saw at childrens place, so cute, Maclyn and Briggs got their from there too but theirs are purple and green. I have that nasal aspirator and Maclyn is afraid of it lol. I havent been able to get my moneys worth..... but thanks to your post about it, I remembered that I even had it, I totally forgot and Briggs is stuffy so Im pulling it out and will be using it on him tonight. so the ear thing, how do you know if there is an infection, and where did you get yours? that would be so handy.

Andrea Gilberg said...

Celeste, I got the otoscope at walmart in the pharmacy section. It was like 15 dollars and it comes with pictures of an infected ear and a non infected ear. Anyways, it took some practice looking Emilie I still have a hard time with but now I can see it like a champ. I LOVE IT.

Chelsea said...

YOU HAVE AN EAR OTOSCOPE!!!??!?!? Well, where do I get one, and can anyone just look for an infection, how do you know, OH, I think this is pretty great... give me details! I love that you looked yoruself!
ANd the snot sucker!!! Is it really great?!?!? For runny noses? how often do you use it?!?! WOW! Im on a mommy craze right now! this is great!

On a less hysterical note, I love the easter pics! My fav is that your little Emilie is wearing the trash bag.. we have so done that!
ADORABLE. your kids are so cute. love the hunt and that pic with Em by the fence... so cute.
Happy Easter!

Kiesha said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Andrea. I will have to look into that. They feel pretty good about the scarring as long as he doesn't get burned this summer. Your kids are soo cute! They grow up to fast. Your such a cute mom..like I always thought you would be!