Last weekend we took a small road trip to Mt Airy, NC. The Combs invited us down with them, we had a great time. We couldn't pass up stopping by Andy Griffiths stomping grounds, it was a lot of fun to walk downtown and see all the fun Andy Griffith sites.
Here we are packed in the car :)
Emilie wanted to do a funny face...
This was the funny restaurant we ate at. Goobers is such a funny name for a food place. But I have to say that the food was great. The kids had some sort of fried mac-n-cheese, I had some bacon and cheese fries and Daniel had some wings. It was a fun little place.
Next up was Opies Candy Store. Emilies eyes got so big when we walked in. She was in Heaven and though it was so cool. Especially when we told her she could get a bag and put a few pieces in it. I loved seeing all the old time candy from when I was a kid or remembering it from grandmas house or something. Lots of fun.
Emilie and I
Daniel and Easton at the Snappy Lunch.
This was a remodeled car from the show that you could rent and take a tour around town.
Everyone walking to the court house
Here we are. YAY.
I told Emilie to make a sad face..
She did a pretty good job
Me trying to reenact the episode where the inmate breaks out of jail because the keys are within reach :)
Daniel at Barneys Desk
And now at Andy's
Emilie with the towns taxi
In the Barber Shop Hydraulic Chair. This thing was sweet.
Emilie and I at the monument
And here's the Man of the town. Although the town is not too happy with him right now because he just made an Obama commercial, who would be... Kind of funny.
Daniel went to a race that night with Troy in Winsten-Salem. He said it was loud and he has never seen so many rednecks in his life. lol. He had fun though.


3 comments:
I want to go to NC! Hey, your lil sis looks JUST like you! We were in Kanab for a while and everytime we went swimming I couldn't get over how much she looked like you!
so fun. i love to see new places. jo looked at this and said he almost went to mayberry to sell when he was in nc. so how is your blog so cute. i love your writing and everything. you are so dang crafty.
that looks like so much fun. I love races they are great I love when they first start their engines. I love seeing the few rednecks in Vegas.
Post a Comment