Monday, July 26, 2010

A whole lot of NOTHING going on

Well...we literally have not had much going on so that is why the blog has been lacking a little. I try to keep it updated once a week but I haven't really had much to blog about. So here are some very random pictures from my phone. Our FHE last week was on Honesty. So we taught the kids about being honest and told them the Stripling Warriors story. Then they got to color their Warrior Headbands. They thought they were so cool. Easton LOVED having the same thing as his big sister.

Emilie is looking Real Nice in this next picture...let me tell ya. One morning she came out from her bedroom looking like this...All I could do was laugh and she was so serious and was posing on the step and said does this look cute. When I didn't answer she came closer to me and said 'mom, do I look stylish?...if you like it then I will keep it on if you don't like it then I will take it off' I was dying laughing and she was so serious. Her attire includes a pink summer dress that she wears faithfully everyday, a cover up, a scarf, 2 belts, bracelets, a baby toy arm band, and some crazy hair. What do you think...Is she "Stylish"
She literally has this pink dress and another summer dress that she wears everyday. She begs and begs if I say we have to go somewhere and I won't let her wear it. She has one of the two on before we even get up. She wakes up, takes her PJ's off and puts these things on...at least they are not ugly but I am getting sick of seeing them everyday...
Daniel and I have gone to 2 movies in the last 2 weeks. Its like a miracle..really. We went and saw Eclipse and thought it was good, and better than the first 2 as far as acting and cheesiness and then we went and saw Inception. That movie was great and I still have so many questions. Does the top stop spinning???? I can't decide and either way leads you to think about a 1000 possibilities...If you haven't see it, do because its great! Anyways, here is a picture of us waiting to get into the movie. We played some hoops at the arcade outside. This pictures was taken to document my win. Daniel played first and shot 14 then I played and shot 26 then he played cause he wanted to beat me and shot 23...So overall I am the WINNER. YAY. I pretty much love it when I beat Daniel at anything!
And some not so fun news around the house. I was making this cute hand towl apron for Grandma Vandykes Birthday. I was pretty much finished and I cam into the living room and found....
This....I had left the iron out unplugged. But Emilie plugged it in and left it flat down on the carpet. I am very glad it didn't start the house on fire. But I just kept telling myself that I can handle this. Daniel walked in as I was discovering it. We had to call our landlords and they were nice about it...I don't know what they are going to do we are still waiting to hear. Anyways, so was a great day at our house.
Emilie and Easton are trying to stay busy getting into things. I feel like I can not keep my house clean. When I clean one thing then another room gets dirty. They have been swimming a lot as well. Daniel just started is 2nd 5 week rotation today. Kind of sucks because its and hour away. His last one was right next door at the hospital so it was very nice to see him at lunch. But anyway, we are creeping up on 3 months left and we are so excited. As for myself...well....pretty dang bored :) it really is sad when I have the bachelorette to look forward to tonight. I need some motivation for  my workouts. I am sick of just running and need to mix it up a little. I wish I was near SUU still so I could get my butt kicked at kick boxing or aerobics. Anyways...that's all I guess. Hope you loved this random post...
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sharps said...

I love your DC post! I am so jealous. I want to go back so bad! THAT is awesome you guys were there! AND YESSSSSSSSSS GO MITT!!!!!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Emilie is SO stylish. How cute that she came out in that. I love it. How did she get so old?

Unknown said...

oh man! The poor carpet...haha! Emilie is sooo stinken stylish...haha! She's cute!

Anonymous said...

I liked your random post! I'm excited you get to move back to Utah! Hey, remember when we took that Hip Hop Dancing Class at the PE Building...that was FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

OH and I wanted to say, I thought it was so cute that Emilie though she needed to be so stylish and she dressed herself! It's funny that she really needed your opinion on if you thought it looked ok or not....HILARIOUS!!!

Kelli and Nicholas said...

Ooo i'm glad she didn't burn herself and nothing caught on fire! Sheesh that is one good carpet burn. You'll Need a cute rug :)

Kourtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kourtney said...

Holy Crap Are you moving to Utah? When and where? I feel very bad for the carpet and I am glad no one was hurt and grateful for the movie reviews. And I think Emilie is way stylish she can come put outfits together for me anyday as long as her day daddy does a little shimmy first :)