This past weekend we had a lot of fun. Daniel and I had our 7 year anniversary on Sunday so we celebrated all weekend. Friday Daniel talked me into watching 2 movies that night and I stayed awake... J/K I didn't. But I tried, the last one was scary so I didn't mind missing out on nighmares to come. We had a great time doing that. Saturday morning we woke up and Daniel did outside work for a couple hours and then I went into the Salon and worked for a couple hours. Daniel met me at the small local airport and we hit the air show for a couple hours. We had such a good time with the kiddos. Emilie got to eat some Italian ice and we got to watch a lot of fun planes do some cool tricks in the air. Our favorite is when they go strait up and then cut the engine and just come flying down. Its so sweet. Anyways, so here are a few pictures from the airshow.
All the Airshows I have been to have been at Nellis Air force base. So they have all been HUGE planes and helicopters. So this was kind of fun to see all the smaller ones.
Daniel and Easton eating the Italian ice.
Here is a short video of one of the tricks. Not the best one but a fun one. Anyone that goes upside down in a plane and doesn't throw up...is my hero.
And a Family pic right before we left...the kids are hot and tired.
We went home and got fixed up. We traded babysitting with a couple who has the same anniversary we do. So they came over and watched our kids for the night while we went to Barter Theater in Abingdon. And we are watching their kids this weekend. Barter Theater is one of the oldest and longest running theaters in the Nation. It started in 1933 and made it through the great depression by people purchasing their tickets with food rather than money. It has now been called The State Theater of Virginia. I love going down to Abingdon because its down town is so nice. Its old but kept up very well. I love all the antique shops you pass and all the nice vineyards, theaters and shopping. Its such a cute town. And Easton was born there, so who wouldn't love it :) Anyways, we went to Annie and enjoyed every minute. It was so nice to be together and with out kids. We hardly get that chance. Anyways, here's some pics.
As you can see, EVERY seat is a great seat. We sat on the 4th row back. It was fun.
Here we are before the show.
At the start of the show they come out and ask who is from the farthest away. Daniel and I thought we had this hands down. I raised my hand and said Nevada & Utah. And this other girl raised her hand and said Kenya! What! Ok, she totally wasn't from Kenya, she was like with her family and stuff. But she must have just got back from there or something, she was giggling the entire time because she new she wasn't really from there. So anyways we missed out on some sweet prizes. Oh well, we almost won though :)
After the show and on our way to get some ice cream.
And here is us...7 years later.



2 comments:
Cute pictures! You know...something I miss about VA is that when you do get the chance to go do something fun, it's REALLY special. The pictures of you guys at the air show make me miss those fun times that we packed up the kids and actually got out to do something. Also, I miss the cloudy rainy days (weird I know). Seeing it all overcast in your pictures made me miss that. Anyway, glad you got to get out and see the town! We miss you guys!
That was awesome. I really love your hair now. I can't believe it has been 7. You guys are so cute. Sorry you missed out on the sweet prize.
Post a Comment