Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Garden (If you can call it that)

Emilie has been begging me to plant a garden. Since we are renting I decided to get a couple of planters pots and plant a few things. She was so excited. In her little pot we planted some sweet peas and then I bought a cherry tomato plant for the bigger pot. She loved doing it and has been looking after it every day. We planted it last Monday for FHE and I explained it would take a while for it to grow. I said that they probably wont come up until after church on Sunday. Thinking that that will be about a week and that gives her a time frame. Well she took it literally. 'When we go to church and get home then my garden will grow' is what she would say. Well......she went and checked right after church on Sunday and there was 1 Pea Plant poking through and 3 others by the end of the day. She was so excited to see progress and I was so excited that my time frame did not let her down, literally. So here are some pics to document our little gardening adventures.
Here are the plants together (Pay close attention to the top of the tomato plant...lol)
Emilie with our SWEET garden
And now the sad part of the story...Easton was outside playing and thought it would be fun to pick the leaves off the tomato plant. And it just had to be the top part which was blooming and had about 8 buds on it. BUMMER. We were so sad but it was our fault for keeping it at his level. So I am hoping others will grow but we will have to wait to find out I guess.
Here is proof of Emilie's Peas.
I love that she is so excited about her garden. It has been a lot of fun doing it with her. We are so lucky to have our adopted Grandma and Grandpa Vandyke out here who shares their garden with us. They grow some yummy strawberries (that we have already tasted and they are the best strawberries ever), blueberries (which are Emilie's fav), peaches, cherries, gooseberries, raspberries, and lots of veggies. We love going over and picking stuff out of the garden and Emilie hangs out around the blueberry trees the entire time.
The next few pictures are about or bowling adventures last week. We have 1 dollar Wednesdays at our bowling ally here and when Daniel gets out early on those days we go take advantage of the sweet deal. Well last Wednesday Daniel, our buddy Josh and I went bowling. We played 2 games and it was 7 dollars total with shoes and everything. (that totally doesn't add up but that's what the guy charges us every time...lol) Well lets just say I dominated this time. I beat Daniel TWICE and Josh ONCE. I played very good and got my best score yet. Anyways, I had to take pictures to document the day because I know Daniel would never admit it or ever give me the credit if I didn't have proof. Kind of like that time I beat Daniel, Clayton, and Lex in Mesquite. Oh ya!!!!! I had that one printed off. ha ha. Anyways, good times!
P.S. I'm loving the new 'updated editor' it makes posting a PLEASURE.

5 comments:

Kelli and Nicholas said...

man don't you wish you could plant a real garden? but that's a good idea. i think i'm going to do that on my deck outside. its off michael's room which is totally stupid so i have to walk thru his disgusting room every time i want to go outside! slob... :)

Kyle and Jamie said...

Hi cute girl! I am so glad you found me...I haven't seen or talked to you forever! What are you guys doing with yourselves? Your kids are so cute!! I love your little garden...we haven't planted ours yet cuz it keeps snowing so random here! I hope you are doing great!

Kourtney said...

Hi 'Andrea, I have been thinking about you so much. We have had many roommate reunions and I have missed you. Have you talked with tara? I miss that girl too. I love that Daniel is going to be a pharmacist, I am not sure that his clients will apperciate his shimmy like I do :) way cute blog, adorable kids and amazing bowling score. I can't wait to see what yu guys do next. PS no fair that you look so great!

Mikkel said...

What is the 'updated editor'???

. said...

I love that you have the bowling score from Mesquite. You are the best. I miss you. haha. Those were good times. Easton & Emmy are so cute. I cannot believe how big they are. Time is flying by. I love that you are still super mom. It gives me something to work towards. Hurry home.