Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easton is ONE!

I can not believe Easton is 1! But I am also glad it went by fast because that first year is ruff for me. I love it so much now that he can crawl and almost walk. Its so nice to have a little bit more freedom. He is such a happy boy and totally has a Daniel personality. Just laid back and goes with the flow. We started off his birthday by going to story time, then came home and had some lunch, waited for daddy to get home, dealt with some crazy psycho drama (don't ask) we had some dinner and then were ready to start the party. Easton just so happyThe Party table His cake that was really disappointing. It all started when I was baking the cake the night before. I should have given up then. But I made things work and started decorating it. But ran into a few bumps and Easton only decided to take a 30 min nap so I couldn't finish, so this is what I got. Not what I wanted but it works I guess. Grrrrr. So mad that it didn't turn out.
Then it was time to open presents. While listening to fox news and cussing Obama and this da** health care bill.
Playing with his fun new blocks.
My cute baby :)
The best thing about turning 1 is Easton gets to sit in a forward facing car seat! YaY. Emilie wanted to take a picture of us, I'm diggin the bangs in my face.
Singing Happy Birthday.

Eating Cake!
And a few random pictures.
We went to the park for play and a picnic last Saturday. It was so nice, I just cant wait for it to be nice EVERY day. Emilie loves to go HIGH.
We had a couple nice days last week and this is how Emilie decided to go outside. She has her dancin shoes on the wrong feet, her pj's which is a shirt from Lyndsey, her sunglasses and some books. She said she was sitting in the warm sun. Easton tries to get outside every time the door opens. He just chose to stay in the shade. Story time was yesterday as well. And they had 2 bunnies there for the kids to play with and feed. Emilie is so scared of animals so it took a lot of coersing to get her to feed and hold one.
She would jump every time it would move
Thank you Grandma and Papas for the presents, Easton had a great birthday. I'm excited that his birthday will be in the middle of march madness for the next many years. It will make a lot of fun birthdays to come. Hopefully he likes Basketball and is good at it. Well he better like it I guess if he is Daniels son.

4 comments:

mommaRx said...

What a cute birthday boy! I seriously can't believe that he is 1 already. Where the heck did all that time go!? I also love love the cake. What a cute idea. I'm going to file that away for Sawyers first birthday :)

Sharps said...

1> darling birthday cake. i need help in that arena

2> crazy phsycho drama...want to know more.

3> darling hair...

4> fox news...yessssss....agree agree

Brownies said...

Easton looks so much like a Gilberg, it's sweet. I love you got a facebook now. I love seeing the comments. It's about time. Cant wait till you guys are back in Utah, then we can all start living again, like the summer of
99'

Ashley J said...

So cute! Love those blue, blue eyes! And only you would think that cake did not turn out, while the rest of us wonder how did she get it so stinkin perfect! :)