So we have had quite the crazy and eventful week. The kiddos got better from the previous sickness and then Friday Easton woke up with a temp. but not very high. So I kept him on some Tylenol all day and it wasn't going down much. But by the end of the night he was at 103.6 and still wasn't going down. After much contemplating we decided to take him into the ER. They ran a bunch of tests and we found out he had a bad ear infection and pneumonia. The pneumonia was small and in the early stages but he did have some. So he had to spend the night in the hospital. He was given 2 huge shots of antibiotic and had to sleep in a croup tent and had breathing treatments every 3 hours. I am so glad that I took him to the ER instead of wait to go see his Dr. We don't have the greatest Dr's out here and when you do find one that isn't Indian and speaks English I still don't like him. I think he would have just diagnosed the ear infection and we would have never found the pneumonia and it possibly could have been worse once found. Anyways, we are home now and he is doing much better. Those shots have done wonders, he went back to the Dr yesterday and he said that his ears are looking great and have improved a lot. Now we are just trying to catch up on some sleep. Here he is in the ER.
10 years ago
4 comments:
That is so sad. I can't believe he had to sleep in that little tent thing. Poor guy. He looks happy now though. I'm glad everything is good. ;) Now get them feeling better and lets play some Settler's!
oh- I hate that feeling of contemplating going to the ER. I'm glad he is doing much better! No fun having sick babies! Get Better you guys!!
Oh no! that is so scary, I hate things like that! It looks like you're doing better and hopefully you won't have any more sick kids.
I so know how you feel about finding a good doctor..we have been here for a year and a half and the whole doctor thing still stresses me out! Im so sorry your little one was sick, we actually just got back from the doc a few minutes ago Koop has croup and a double ear infection!! So sad, its hard to have sick kids! Sounds like your doing well..sure miss ya!
Post a Comment