Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sick Kids!!! The Longest Day Ever!

Where to start...Easton and Emilie are both sick. It all started towards the end of last week, which means they most likely caught something on the flight home. Grrr. But they both have 2 totally different things, I hope so bad that they don't just swap their viruses. Easton has had a Cough and Runny nose. I took him in last Friday because I was worried he might have croup. Without the Dr being able to hear the cough he couldn't diagnose him too well, so I left in frustration. Easton had begun yet again to sleep through the night and then he gets sick. He keeps waking up coughing so much, I worry that he is not getting enough breath. But everytime I go check he seems to be doing ok. This is a picture of him yesterday trying to take care of 2 screaming kids, I had already wiped his nose 5 times while trying to get Emilie to eat something, finally I had to document this with a picture.
This is him this morning, he still is congested and is coughing all night but seems to be in a better mood.
Then Saturday night Emilie becomes cold, shaky and lethargic with a 102 temp. She as been laying in her couch/bed for 2 days. After I took that picture she goes 'mom I smiled good.' I feel so bad for her, she never gets sick and doesn't know what to do. She keeps saying mom what are we going to do, I cant be sick all day. She has never been sick like this. Before she would like throw up and then keep playing and running around. Luckily she hasn't thrown up but she just hurts. I looked at the back of her mouth yesterday and it was all red and pussy. So I thought great, her fever hasn't gone away, maybe she has strep. So I called to see if she could get into the Dr. They said bring her in I called Daniel to come home from school so I could have some help, I go in to comb through my hair and freshen up a bit and I found THIS!!!!!

WHAT THE FREAK!!!! Yes that is a GRAY HAIR. So to top things off I found that in my head, I was so bummed, but had to move on to get the kids to the Dr. Daniel ended up not being able to make it because he goes out to his car and his tire was completely flat. So I haul the kids to the Dr's. While waiting in the waiting room a kid sitting behind us pukes all over the place, just over a over. Really wanting to run to the other side of the room and gag along with sanitize every part of my kids and I, I didn't what to make the poor grandpa who brought the kid in to feel bad. So I get up and go find some paper towels to give him so he can wipe his mouth and got someone to come clean it all up. So I am really hoping we don't get that bug also. But anyways, to move on with the longest day ever. We see the Dr, he said Emilie has a good case of Tonsillitis and takes a strep test. Proceeds to tell me that its going to take 24 hours. I was thinking there is no way, I have had strep many many times and they have been able to tell me within 10 min before leaving the office. So he said OK well we can do a rapid test which takes an hour. Still, that means we have to go home wait and then if she has strep go back out to the pharmacy and get the antibiotic. It is the most inconvenient and impractical thing I have ever heard of. Anyways, so we left and went home. Called an hour later and they said it was negative. Which is good but means we don't get an antibiotic so we have to let her little body work through whatever she has. I hope she starts feeling better today, but yesterday was so long and I was so ready for bed by 6. Easton got up a few times last night and Emilie crawled in bed with us at some point in the night and I woke up to her breathing right in my face, mouth wide open. I really hope I don't get what she has. Anyways, I hope every ones day went a little smoother than mine did.

6 comments:

Keresa said...

Having sick kids is NO FUN! Sounds like Emilie has the same thing that me, Jackson, and Sydney have been fighting for weeks now. Hopefully hers goes away before anyone else in your house catches it...then you won't keep passing it to eachother. Not fun. Hope today is better!

Cando said...

Oh no! That is so sad that you have sick babies. That is honestly the WORST!! Well, that and having a GREY HAIR! I was cracking up because I just found one on my head too! I about died. Oh well, I guess Its going to happen if we are ready for it or not!

Josh and Nikki said...

I'm so sorry you have sick kids and add that to a bad day... It's no bueno. But the gray hair seriously cracked me up. I have had a little patch for years so it doesn't startle me like it would anyone else. I'm sorry that you found one. Getting old sucks, eh? Hope your week improves and with no more grays! :)

Lance and Nikki said...

I hope your kids are better by now, that doesn't sound fun. And I just love that you took a picture of the gray hair! That made me laugh! And I don't think it means you are getting old, I bet it's just a random one!

Anonymous said...

Daniel what's up buddy! I just found your blog... haha Looks like things are going well for you! When are you done? Do you miss Ty Redd's class yet? Good ol' SUU. Well good luck with everything.

-Mitch Gubler

Andrew and Wynter McGary said...

1st off all I'm STILL in shock that you had a GRAY HAIR!! I hope you kiddies get better. quick tip on Easton...go to Ride-Aid or Walgreens & get something called "Shower Soothers"...THEY WORK WONDERS!! doubt he'll have a runny nose for a while!

I got my "signature" code & info from kevinandamanda.com....taht site is AMAZING!!!

P.S.
I need ur address. I sent out a xmas card & it got sent back. Maybe i don't have the right one?