Monday, February 8, 2010

Are my kids going to be sick ALL winter?!?!?!?

So I thought I needed to update, we don't have anything too exciting going on. My kids have been sick since we came back from Utah. Easton still has pneumonia he is not getting over it very fast, its viral so they are not too worried but I would like it to be over with. This past week everyone in the family was sick. I don't think moms should ever get sick. It is the worst to have to take care of sick kids along with being sick yourself. And then your husband is just as needy as the kids sometimes ;) I cant imagine how moms that have a serious illness do it. I think maybe this could be on my list of things to talk about when I die. But moving on, we have had just a simple laid back week.
This picture is of Emilie under the covers. She was supposed to be cleaning her room, but she thought she was hiding from me, so picture her sitting up in the bed under the covers. I go in to see if she had cleaned and she was just sitting there, I went and looked under the covers and she had fallen asleep sitting up, so I ran and got my camera but by the time I got back she had fallen over. But I thought it was so funny that she had fallen asleep sitting up and hiding under the covers.
(Side note: Emile does get dressed, but for some reason when I decide to take pictures she is in her pj's still) This is her getting her valentines stuffed and sent. She was so excited to get started, the minute she woke up she wanted to start. I had to convince her to eat breakfast first and then get started.
She signed her name stuffed them and licked them
Emilie has been so funny and cute with Easton lately. She loves having a little brother and wants him to play with her all the time. She has a huge personality and I wish I was better at writing down the funny thing she says, but I'm not very good at remembering. Lately when she has been getting sent to her room she cries and talks to herself, and says things like...'I cant listen' 'mom is mad at me' 'I miss my grandma' 'I want my dad' 'I don't like mom I love dad' 'your not my friend anymore' it just makes me laugh she is drama 100% of the time.
This past week when I was sick I layed Easton down and told Emilie to come into my room and I turned on the TV and tried to take a nap. Emilie never stops moving and was driving me crazy, she was rolling on my legs, jumping on the bed, touching my face, climbing in and out of the covers with me and is just so fidgety. So I said, Emilie get out, go watch TV in the living room. (At this point I didn't even care if I could hear what was going on out there or not) So she cries and walks out and Daniel walked through the door. So then she really let the tears flow and he asked why she was crying and she goes. 'Momma freaked out on me'. We were both just cracking up that she came up with that.
Daniel is helping me think of things to write, sorry if you are bored. But I need to write some of this stuff down. Daniel and Emilie went to the store and he got a candy bar. He gave Emilie half and he had half. But Emilie was worried about me and that they didn't get me anything. So Daniel said, mom can have some ice cream at home. When they got home Emilie told me that she got a candy bar and said that I could have some ice cream and then proceeds to say after she had eaten the candy bar all gone. 'Mom I don't like chocolate I want ice cream' This is coming from a little girl who LOVES chocolate and picks that over anything. It was so funny how she thought that if she said that she could totally get some ice cream too.
She loves watching scary and intense movies/shows. Daniel and I were watching 24 and she started watching it with us. And the whole time she was saying, 'this isn't scary enough'
She is such a little boss, probably got that from Daniel. :) If we don't do something for her right away or if we tell her about something we are going to do more than an hour before it happens she starts freaking out and says 'we can't ever ever do it again' 'no one will play with me' at this point I'm sick of the drama and say call grandma...So then grandma gets to hear it all :)
Well I think that is good for now, just wanted to share a few things about our cute little Emmy. Moving on.....
Daniel has a nursing home patient he has to go see and evaluate every week. The drive is about 20 min. So the kids and I hop in with him to get out of the house. Easton was being cranky so I had a sucker still the the wrapper that I handed him. By the time we got to the nursing home we looked back and he had gotten the wrapper off and was having a good ol time. I loved it and he was soaking in the sugar. He was trying to share with Daniel.
Now back into the mouth
This is what we did to kill time while Daniel was in there.
Emilie said take one of me and the car

Then she starts posing. haha and rockin the monkey pj's
This one so so funny
Easton had to have his turn

And the 3 of us having a great time...I love Eastons blue mouth.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Great! I think it is so important to write this all down. Keep it up!!! I Love those Grandbabies of mine. Drama or not they are sweet and adorable and you and Daniel are wonderful parents. I will always be here for Emilie to call and tell me that no one ever ever ever ever EVER NEVER.... plays with her... ha ha ha When we KNOW you do. ha ha ha LOVE YOU ALL.... MOM/GRANDMA B.