Call us Nuts, but everyone but Daniel had surgery a few weeks ago. Daniel had his tonsils taken out when he was a kid and I guess it was our turn. The kids kept getting sick over and over again. And very LARGE tonsils run in the Gilberg Family. Their tonsils almost touched each other, when they were sick they pretty much did. Large tonsils restrict breathing, cause snoring, stunts growth and a few others I can't think of. As for me I tend to catch every sore throat known to man. I have had a lot of strep in my life which I have allergic reactions to and its no fun. So I made the crazy decision to do mine as well. Everything went great with everyone and we are almost all recovered.
Easton was first, they took him right from my arms into anesthesia and I didn't get to see him till he was awake. Sad... The Dr. Said his were very meaty and they very much needed to come out. I didn't get pictures before but here is my little guy after. He had good week recovery ahead of him which consisted of lots of sleepless nights. He was a trooper and did great!
Emilie was up next, same day as Easton. She was crazy before and about as crazy after. Her surgery went well and the doctor also said that it was a much needed surgery because hers were so big. About an hour after getting home she was riding her bike and jumping on the bed like a crazy girl while Easton was not doing to hot. They both have had their post-ops and they are doing great!
A week and a half later we did mine. The surgery went well, I had a lot of scar tissue on my tonsils and my adenoids were large. Coming out of Anesthesia was about the worst thing ever. I was so sick to my stomach and throwing up. My recovery wasn't ideal and its still in the works but I'm doing well now and can at least function and see straight. I was completely out of commission for a week. The drugs knocked me out, but I had to take them because there was a lot of pain. Your throat hurts, Ears feel like they are going to bust and I had a constant Headache. I guess I'm glad I did it. I'll let you know in a year or two.
So there you have it :) The story of our Surgery and Recovery.




2 comments:
Poor Andrea! I want to get mine out but I'm too scared! You'll have to let me know what you think in the long run. For now you have talked me into not doing it :) Where did you get them done? And glad the kids did ok!
Kids are amazing I am always impressed with how tough they are! It's like they don't complain because they don't know they should! Glad you are all doing well.
Post a Comment