Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall but feels like Winter.

This past weekend we went to the Richlands Fall Festival.  The kids had a blast. They had a bunch of free bouncy toys and Emilie finally did all of them with a little pumping up. Last year she would only do the tiny baby one. So we were super excited when she finally bucked up and did the big kid ones. The Fall Festival consists of Booths of all sorts (cute crafts, but nothing compared to Utah), Kids area with bouncy toys and a train ride, food (fried to be more specific), and some very backwoods bluegrass music (there is a video at the end if you would like to see :).
Here is Easton in the Kiddie Area.
This is a dragon tunnel. Emilie was so scared to go at first because when you go in the initial opening it shoots a burst of air out at you. Once she got past that she did it like 15 times.
Here she is going down one of the slides in there.
Here she is coming out of its butt.
Here is the fam on our train ride. The driver had him a pack of chew and was set for the rest of the day.
Easton Boy
Me and Easton
Emilie and Daniel
And now, welcome to fried food. Who doesn't love a funnel cake...well it gets worse. They fry everything. We had to try a few before we left and so we got a mini sampler of all of them. And if you are wondering what the tornado potato is the schools mascot is the Blue Tornado. Pronounced with a thick southern drawl... "Blue Tor-NA-da"
Here is Daniel ready to puke at the thought...lol
A nice up close view so we will never forget...haha
Here is the big one. Emilie did this a few times with Daniel and I and liked it. Then she got the courage to do it by herself. And she loved it. She was so proud and happy. Those boys in line with her were counting to see who they would be going up against. And when the boy saw he was going against Emilie and not one of his friends he got all embarrassed and started blushing.
This was the first time we went down, I love this picture because it totally looks like I'm pushing her off and her face is so funny.
And last, I turned 27 yesterday. Yippee...not. It ended up being a great day. Daniel ended up getting let out early so he got home at 1 and said lets go to Kingsport....I said Ok :) Kingsport has shopping, Texas Roadhouse and Craft Stores. So we went shopping for a while  and I got a few things for  my bday (one of which this man didn't take a censer off my sweater so I have to take back...who knows when) then we went to Texas Roadhouse and then I requested a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ for my Bday Cake. I love fall just for those. Whats funny is I hate pumpkin pie but love the pumpkin pie blizzard.
Daniel and Emmy at Dinner (it was .99 cent kids meal night so Emilie got her own steak) That girl loves her some steak and A1. She downs it and prefers it over chicken potatoes or most anything.
 Mom and the kids
Here are the kids enjoying our birthday ice cream
The hubster and I
This is what I got for my Birthday. The Nike Ipod chip that fits in my sweet nike shoes I got last year. And then the I pod arm band. So I will finally be able to tell how far I have been running outside, without taking the car out for a drive after :)


I'm super excited for these two things because I am training for the Mesquite 10k in November and the 1/2 Marathon in St. George in January. I am super excited for those because it keeps me motivated to work out. So anyways, the birthday was good. I have so many things to be thankful for. I have a great Family. 
Fall has hit us here in Richlands, it actually feels more like winter because I have been freezing the last few days. But the colors are starting to change, and this year will be the last of the beautiful fall colors.
Today has been very crazy and I can't wait till the kiddos go to bed. I went to the store and we were picking out pumpkins out front. Emilie decides to push this empty cart next to us out into the street of oncoming wal-mart traffic. I didn't see it so someone else had to run and grab the cart before it crashed into a car. So I had a bunch of angry people mouthing things under their breath at me when they were walking in. I spent like 2 hours in wal-mart getting groceries and stuff. I had all my stuff on the belt and the lady started ringing me up. I went to pull out my card and oops, Daniel has it. He didn't put it back in my wallet. GRRRR. How embarrassing. They wouldn't let me do it over the phone so I had to take everything off and leave the store. All that time....wasted. So we go out to the car and I open the trunk tell Emilie to get in the car, she is screaming at me that she has to go pee. I said I don't care, pee your pants...(in defense I was so frustrated that I just left groceries in a cart, and she just went and hour before that, I knew she could hold it) then I proceed to shut the trunk and Eastons fingers are in it, he is screaming now. I am freaking out because his 4 fingers are all smashed. They were black, blue and indented. I felt so bad. Luckily they are not broken because he has been using them. Needless to say today has been ruff and exhausting.
To end on a happy note, I really enjoyed conference. The talks were great and it really is nice being able to sit at home in your pjs all day and go to church. Most members out here have to go to the chapel to watch it still because you have to have satellite to be able to get the byu tv. But I enjoyed the break from a  normal stressful Sunday. 
 Here are the videos. Living her literally has made us feel like we have went back in time 20 years. Enjoy yourself some bluegrass.
Here is Emilie going on the big bouncy toy by herself.
Well, thats it folks. 26 Days. Wahoo.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Liz Sharp said...

Happy Birthday! Texas Roadhouse is best! I totally had your walmart day at Target the other day...no money... two kids screaming... what the H! It will be nice to be back in Utah but I bet you will miss some stuff back there too. You guys get to visit something new all the time! Its awesome you had that experience. Also, I got the Nike Chip for my birthday and loved it for running. Now i am so big and prego I can barely run 2 miles. BUT it will be fun to use when I am done with this pregnancy.

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

LOVED this post! Happy Birthday. I can't believe its so close to coming home time. I have been wanting to get back into running so bad, maybe you could help motivate me when you get back.

Kourtney said...

That musice reminded me of Oh Brother Where art thou? So Meghan told me you guys are cousins and that she slept in our room one weekend. What a small world. So what do you avg. on miles? I would love to run with you on the half in st. George I just got over the hump and finished with 9 min miles I really wnat to train for 8 min miles. Do you know how to cut time? Is it all in diet? What do you eat when you train? Well, good to see your cute family.

Anonymous said...

hey.... I LOVE THE OLD MAN DANCING TO THE BLUE GRASS MUSIC...LOL I wish I had been there with you ...and I would have loved to try the fried twinkie's....hahaha

Way to Go Emilie! Thats Grandma's Girl. You are so brave.

As I said before... Oh how I remember those wonderful glorious days like your "walmart" day. But I have to say I love being a mother and I loved those days when my children were small. Butttt I also don't miss those moments when life was nuts and I seemed to be loosing my mind...lol

Love you all... CANT WAIT TO HAVE YOU CLOSER.

MOM