Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Daniel is getting OLD, Gingerbread Houses

So yesterday was Daniel's birthday, He is starting to get old! We had a pretty regular day... He went to school and when he got home we hung out a little, we were on the phone with Direct TV for about 3 1/2 hours. (NEVER sign up with them, customer service is more than TERRIBLE) Then 2 of his buddies from school came over and we ate some stakes, potato's, squash & rolls. It was a good little dinner. Here is his birthday cake, he loves this ice cream cake (Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Caramel, Oreos, Whipping Cream) that I usually make in just a 9x13 pan. So this time I made the ice cream cake, but made it look like a birthday cake! Anyways, I was happy with the turn out, it sure is yummy. We had a fun night, I bought him the new Seinfeld Scene It game, and we played that and I was so much fun. We actually knew the answers! haha. So here are a few pictures of the party and also the gingerbread houses we made last week.


Gingerbread House!
So this year we made our gingerbread houses with our friends the Whitneys, but it just didn't turn out as good as times in the past. Emilie loved downing the candy, she was way more interested in eating them than helping me. But anyways, we still had a good time.

She is so crazy!
The 3 kids. Emilie, Jackson & Sydney

5 comments:

mommaRx said...

Fun, fun,fun! Love your pink hat!! Happy birthday Daniel :)

Kelli and Nicholas said...

your christmas picture is really really cute! i didn't know it was daniel's birthday. sorry! happy birthday daniel!

The Robinson's said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Cute pics, love the gingerbread houses and your hat, super cute! By the way we missed you guys for couples bunco last week, hope you guys are doing great:)

. said...

Happy B-day Dan! Do you love that I remembered it was his birthday. I was sitting at work and thinking December 8th.. I swear someone's b-day is that day. Dan's! Yes. He is getting old. We miss you guys. The gingerbread house looks great. Anna and I were aimlessly walking around Roberts and we almost bought one. I thought of you. But then I decided I didn't have the effort that night. So you look great and I'm happy that you guys are having so much fun over in VA. We really need to let the girls play over XMAS. We will be back the 28th and over to K town for New Years. So we really have to coordinate it this time. Okay I will stop writing my novel now. Miss you guys.

Lance and Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Lance is jealous of that cake, he loves that stuff, I'll have to get the recipe sometime. PS Megan and Neal have a blog now, megnealbrown.blogspot