Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

So we were so lucky to be able to go back to Kanab this year for Thanksgiving, we booked our tickets like a week before we left because we found a great deal and decided that it was going to cost us more to go somewhere else than to just fly home. Anyways, we loved loved loved being back in Utah and were so excited to see all of our family. Emilie had so many cousins to play with she had a good time. She did not want to come home. Every time the plane landed on the way home she would go. 'OK, all done, go see grandma.' So all in all we had a great time and here are a couple of pictures from Thanksgiving day.
Sara, Carol and I woke up at about 6:30 and started working on the turkey, it was fun... to start off it hadn't thawed out all the way so we had to run some hot water on it, and then it was time to put the rotisserie stick in it. ha ha, we couldn't get it in very well so we brought out the hammer to break some bones. I thought it was so funny, so I went and got my camera.


Here are the kids Thanksgiving morning watching the Thanksgiving Day parade

Here is our little family behind the Turkey. Emilie learning a new word that day and loved saying it. Our Turkey turned out great.
Here are the kids at their table. Emilie loved being a big kid
The rest of the family. We had a great dinner.
Amy and Rhett with their family showed up the next day. That night we started the music and dancing session. I don't think Emilie stopped dancing the entire time. She loved it. ps... don't mind that she doesn't have a shirt on, she said she was hot...:)




A little picture of Daniel and I, Emilie is in the next one but she had been crying right before so its not that good.

Here are some videos of the dancing. Fun times
And today we get to set up our Chirstmas Tree. YAY, Daniel is so excited! haha (he hates setting it up when we are not going to be here for christmas)

5 comments:

. said...

It was so so good to see you guys. We had a blast spotlighting with you and the Noel's. Jsut like old times. :) I'm sad Emmy and Anna never got to meet up but we will on Christmas for sure. We miss ya!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys got to come out for Thanksgiving! Looks like you had fun! Can't wait to see ya at Christmas!

mommaRx said...

What a fun holiday! I was thinking about you guys alone back east when I saw your parents on Sunday in church and I felt sad...Now I am happy because you were here!!

The Swapp's said...

Mandy told us you were all getting together but Brett had to work and we weren't really in Kanab only for like 2 hours.. and I doubt we will be over there for Christmas either it all depends on this lil baby boy.. But if you guys are around you should come visit in Cedar.. and hopefully meet Degan !

Kelli and Nicholas said...

ha ha emilie is hilarious. she looks like a little gangsta baby with no shirt and baggy jeans :)