Saturday, March 19, 2011

The kids

This is kind of a random post but its all about my cute kiddos. A lot has been going on lately and I don't think they have a clue. They are just content with whatever we are doing that day. Daniel has hardly got to see them these past few weeks and for the most part they have done great. Luckily he is now starting rotations in town so we will get to see him every day! These first pictures are from when we took a Sunday walk. We were looking at Sam and Mandy's house construction and Easton made his way to this tractor in the back yard. Easton is a total boy! He loves tires and big trucks. Every Sunday while walking into church he stops and touches all the cars tires that we pass. I've tried to stop him but he just can't resist, I just love washing his black hands. Anyways, so here is some pictures of him on the tractor...he was in love.
 This one is of Emilie and Max mostly but I decided to throw a phone pic of Easton in there too. Max was visiting Grandma Gilberg and came to gymnastics one day. Max is Emilie's closest cousin. They pretty much have a love hate relationship. Most of the time they play together great but Emilie loves girl things to the extreme and max likes cars and dragons to the extreme. I always grew up around a lot of cousins and they were pretty much my best friends growing up. I'm so happy to be able to live close to most all of Emilie and Eastons cousins...or just family in general.
 And this is our St. Patrick's day photo shoot. Love them!
I really do love these kids and I am so very thankful for the opportunity I have to be their mother. Its hard and at times I feel like a single mom or complain that I am, but we always make it through the tough weeks. And I have a great family and husband that remind me that I'm not. These kiddos remind me every day how important my role to them is. We are very blessed!
I wanted to document a couple of funny things miss Emilie has done lately. I had to teach her primary class a couple of weeks ago. While in class Emilie pulled out a fake phone from her pocket and answered it. (I just stared in wonder) She says/whispers..."Hello...I'm in church right now, can I call you back later" WHAT...really? Where did she learn that. She quietly puts her phone back in her pocket. The little boy next her her says. "Who's phone is that?' and she responds with "its mine" and then acted like she was listening so quietly. I seriously don't know where she learned that from and second why was she acting so grown up! I couldn't help but laugh about that for the rest of the day.
Next... I told her that we had signed her up for t-ball and asked if she was excited. She said yes in pure joy. A couple hours later she came up to me and said "mom, do you want me to show you what t-ball is like" I said sure... She then points her arms to a V and then straight out and cheers go BYU... go BYU. I was busting up. She totally thought t-ball was cheerleading. Is she a total girl or what. I then explained what t-ball was, I hope she is not disappointed.
Well onto more crazy weeks. Emilie has been sick with the flu I guess. She threw up yesterday about 30 times. Roughly 2-3 times and hour. Eastons turns 2 this week. Then on the 29th both kids are getting their tonsils out and on the 7th I get my tonsils out! Wish us luck, should be fun. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Loved this post! I hope Emilie is feeling better. You have got quite the fun coming up...ha. Good luck!