These last few months have gone by so fast. At times I thought we would be in Virginia forever. But we have now moved back to Utah and I thought I would post a memory of our home in Virginia. There were a lot of things I think about now that I wish I would have gotten pictures of. We will miss our simple lives there. It is super nice to be home and to have family close. We have been home a week now, and it has been so exhausting and overwhelming. We have come home full force. After moving most everything into storage or our new basement home :) we had a birthday party for Emilie's 4th birthday. We have seen so many friends and family that were missed for a few years. Emilie is now in Gymnastics and Dance. She gets to play with friends and asks all the time if she can have a friend over. Daniel has started driving to Hurricane 4 days a week, so we hardly see him. And I have been keeping busy with the kids, enjoying my runs in beautiful so. Utah, helping my mom and mother in-law with things, I also started working for a friend about 6 or so hours a week which shouldn't been too bad, I have been loving being able to stay busy. I do wish I could get a good nights rest one of these nights. Easton has been awake the last 3 nights, I have no clue what energy I am running on but it has got to be the last of it. If anyone has a cure for the high fevers and sore throats that Easton seems to get all of the time I would love you forever. I'm really close to insisting that Easton gets his tonsils out. He is sick all of the time. We are really excited to be home! We left VA on Oct 30. My mom and Mark flew out to help us drive home. Daniel and Mark drove the budget truck home and my mom and I drove the Mazda home. It was long, very long. I'm so happy we didn't have to make that trip with the kids. I missed them so bad and Easton didn't want me to touch him for the first 4 days. But now things are good and I will leave you with some pictures and video of our home in VA.
Here we are getting ready to take off.
This is what someone drew on the truck...nice huh.*please don't take offense, I thought it was funny that we got the truck with this drawn on it, WE DID NOT DRAW THIS...lol. Don't look if you get offended easy.
I wish I would have gotten pictures of the kids with Josh & the McClure's. Josh was a friend who was in Pharmacy School with Daniel. He came over about once a week and we would play games. He was pretty much part of our family. Daniel and him would play basketball, golf, and racquetball all the time. I'm so sad that I don't have any pictures of him at our house. And the McClure's are a family that had treated us like family while we were there. Mike McClure was our Branch President and we really enjoyed working with all of them.
Next is the Vandykes...Who are Family to us. They were parents and Grandparents to our family. It was very hard to say goodbye to people we have grown to love. I feel truly blessed to have known them and will always consider them family. My kids love them. They did so much for us whenever we needed help they were always there. Whenever we were homesick, we knew we could stop by and they would make everything feel better. Whenever we were bored out of our minds we would stop by and they would make things fun. They would drop whatever they were doing to hang out with us or do things for us. We will miss their fresh garden and fruit trees. Those blueberries might have to be mailed. We will miss the BB Q's in the backyard and Paul spraying the water hose at the cats or dogs that came sniffing by. I am glad we will see them again soon and hopefully get them out to Utah soon.
Here are our Goodbye pictures at their house.
Emilie and Easton with Paul & Cleo
Here is the whole fam...
Here is a quick video so we can remember our house, town and church. I wish I would have done more video around the house, the steep hill we lived on and the shopping but time flew by...so here is what we got.
We also had Mike McClure snap a few pitures of the Family so we could remember our time here.
Anyhow, thats it for now.

2 comments:
So glad to have you guys home! I love the family pictures. It's crazy you guys lived out there for so long. I never realized how cute your house was. I love it.
It looks way pretty out there! But I'm glad you're back in Utah. Hopefully we can come visit for Christmas!
Post a Comment