Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lake Powell Camping & Storm

We decided to go camping at Lake Powell in the boat. We went out that night slept and started the morning off heading up Navajo Canyon. It was a colder day but still nice and beautiful. We stopped at antelope point and started heading up the canyon, we had lunch at the end and started swimming a little bit. And then a storm rolled in and boy was it scary. There was lightning everywhere and flash floods coming off the canyon walls. We tried to tuck up into an area so we wouldn't get hit by lightning but logs and rocks were flying off the canyon walls so we needed to get out of there. Meanwhile I was scared and had scared kids. Hail was starting to come down and it seemed like it was never going to end. When I think about how cool the waterfalls and flash flooding was to see I'm not sure it was worth it. Everyone else thinks it was but I don't want to be in that situation again even knowing I would come out alive and not struck by lightning.

Here we are all camped out in the boat.

 Starting our day off and some pictures of the small waterfalls that we saw in just mild rain.
Here is the video of the flash flooding we took. I wish we would have got more but the camera was getting soaked. There were thousands of waterfalls.

Photobucket

0 comments: